I have been biting my nails for two weeks straight, it has been a battle and I have had so much stress these past weeks that I can’t even begin to explain it, but its been all worth it!
At the 20th of June I went to draw my exam case in science. Basically, what we did, was go and pick between 6 cases, I picked for us, cause we were so nervous and I just snatched the first and best exam case there was! Number two, my lucky number!
We got the case, sat down, opened it, read it up, found out what subjects to weigh highest and then we went home, we had 24 hours to write and research and use our textbooks, I wrote a lot of Que cards and had with me.
Basically the subjects I had chosen to weigh highest was:
- Enzymes in the body, how it works and what protein, fat and carbs gets broken down to.
- Enzymes in the dishwashing soap and how it works on a theoretical level.
- Enzymes in washing powder and how it works on a theoretical level.
- Different types of bacteria, where they thrive, what kills them and how to prevent being infected with the different types of bacteria.
- Atoms, covalent bindings, ion bindings and what the octet rule and the doublet rule is, and how to calculate how many neutrons there is in an atom.
- Fluid calculations and also extra fluid calculation when you have a fever and a calculation for what fluids she should drink if her BMI was on a healthy normal scale.
- BMI calculation and why elderly is better off having a higher BMI, then a BMI calculation of what type of BMI the citizen should have had.
- Mold and why it’s so dangerous, how it thrives and what you can do to prevent it.
- Nutrition and protein drinks, how protein binds fat in your body and why a Y-plate is such a good choice.
- A carbs, protein and fat calculation, how much should a citizen eat if they had to gain weight or keep their weight.
That was basically what I went in and talked about!
I went in the examination room the 21st of June and scored an A+ on the English grade scale / 12 on the Danish grade scale, I was so nervous, but the examination went beyond what I had ever dreamt of. This was defiantly the exam i dreaded the most, but I did it! The censor told me that I was a star, that was something completely new, I teared up and I couldn’t help but cry – happy tears of course! I have never been praised so much in my entire life, he was the best censor I have ever had. I will never forget the praise he gave me, I will take it with me in my further education and I will be calmer, tell myself that I can do this and that I am clever, that I can do calculations
Thursday the 30th of June, I went and had my last exam, this was a ”pass or not pass” grade we got, we had half a week to make a case, based on the subjects that was in the book, it was our ”basic course” that we had to pass, everyone needed to pass this, only a few had to do the science exam, because others had a different education background and had this previously in their education.
I went in the 30th as the second student, and I talked way too long, but was told by the censor, that she hoped I went all the way, and that I took my nurse’s assistant education too, but I want the nurse too, so I have quite a long way to go still, but I’m proud and relived that I got so amazing grades!
For the first time ever, I feel confident that this education and this line of work is just right! I have chosen the right path.
Everyone out there working hard on their exams right now, so much good luck to you! I know how the anticipation nervousness and butterflies feel like! You can do it!
See you guys online! x